Fun With Words! (5)



Smiley: Hello. I’m Smiley the Raccoon. Sherbert isn’t here today for a reason she spent 3 hours telling me about. I didn’t pay attention, so I don’t know why she isn’t here. The radio people sent in a ‘permanent’ replacement, but I dunno...


Replacement: That’s mean. Besides you didn’t even introduce me.


Smiley: Fine. Peoples, this is Squiggle Ze Ferret. It says on this little piece of paper that you have no experience what-so-ever.


Squiggle: That’s right. Will that be a problem?


Smiley: Of course not! I don’t like experience. It’s evil! Just like pens.


Squiggle: Shouldn’t we start the show now?


Smiley: I guess. Over there we have the Random Word Picker Thingy, and over there we have the Sentence Analyzer Machine. You got that?


Squiggle: Yepper-doodley-do.


Smiley: Okay then. Pull that lever and read the words.


Squiggle: Pacify, setback, duration, headstrong, and fray.


Smiley: Since Sherbert has left, the station tried to pacify my sadness by hiring an unknown setback and leaving me with a headstrong ferret to sub for the duration of the time who refuses to fray!


Squiggle: Does my being here bother you that much?


Smiley: Yes, it does. NOW TRANSLATE!


Squiggle: Since Sherbert has left, the station tried to soothe Smiley’s sadness by hiring an unknown disappointment and leaving a stubborn ferret to sub for the time period that refuses to wear away!


Smiley: Next set of words.


Squiggle: Acute, bungle, commentary, eerie, and inhabitant.


Smiley: Due to my acute senses, it will be hard for me to bungle this job of giving my commentary of the movie about the inhabitant of the eerie house.


Squiggle: Due to my sharp senses, it will be hard for me to ruin this job of giving my opinion of the movie about the person living in the mysterious house.


Smiley: We still have 2 more sentences to go, so hurry up Squiggle.


Squiggle: Stop being so mean. Numb, fidelity, remorse, smug, and refute.


Smiley: I’m sorry to have numb your fidelity, I’m beginning to remorse being so smug and you have every right to refute me.


Squiggle: You really mean that, Smiley?


Smiley: Yeah, I’m sorry for being so mean, I must miss Sherbert. But you better translate that sentence.


Squiggle: I’m sorry to have dulled your loyalty, I’m beginning to regret being so self-righteous and you have every right to prove me incorrect. The next set of words are: bluster, facet, ravenous, synopsis, and tarry.


Smiley: My synopsis is that ravenous squirrels that bluster will tarry longer if there are no facets being said.


Squiggle: My outline is that greedy squirrels that talk in a loud threatening voice will linger longer if there are no aspects being said.


Smiley: That was the last sentence for today. And I just got a message from the station saying that Sherbert is not coming back and that I’m stuck with Squiggle.


Squiggle: Do you still not like me?


Smiley: You’re okay I guess.


Squiggle: Thanks.


Smiley: Bye peoples! Thanks for listening!